Friday, December 12, 2008

Just some thoughts

I have been doing a lot of thinking about the holidays. For some reason I don't want my family to fall into the "getting" tradition of our culture. I hope that I can instill the value of "giving" and make it a year round tradition.
I have wonderful memories of the holidays from growing up, but there has to be more to it. Why on Jesus' birthday do we have to expect presents under the tree? There has to be a happy medium! As I get older
(ok, the big 3-0 is in January!), I am learning to give more than expecting to receive. What a feeling! Giving outweighs any feeling you get from receiving. I pray that Chris and I can be a good example for our children and the people around us.
To the people around us and in our lives, we love you all and wish you a happy season of giving.
~Jen

No comments: