Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day!

The big day is here! The hustle and bustle is gone and everyone is exhausted! Not us, not this year! I did my shopping semi-early this year and was done in one trip. I really struggled this year with the meaning of Christmas. I didn't promote Santa very much this year. We didn't make a trip to the mall to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what we wanted. Now, that is not to say that I took the magic out of Christmas, I just wanted us to focus on the real meaning of Christmas. We were successful- the girls know the Bible Christmas story by heart, and they parted with some of their toys that they wanted to give to a little girl or boy who had none. Chris and I also decided once again like last year to not receive gifts from each other, but rather pass on our love and money to other people and causes. It feels so much better to give than it is to receive.
Of coarse, the past week we did prepare for Santa. It is just the excitement in their eyes and you really can see the visions dancing in their little heads! So in the end, while helping Chris put some minimal gifts under the tree, figured that there is no harm in having that magic while growing up. I remember it and I think as an adult it helps you be creative!
Now that I have written a book, here are the pictures of our fun-filled day! We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and pray that magic of all kinds filled your home, as it did ours!


The open mouth smile of a baby is the ultimate joy! Open mouth kisses are the runner up! My little baby boy is growing up so fast! I wish I could freeze time once in a while. I suppose that is what pictures are for! I can't thank God enough for this little boy! Children find joy in the smallest things. We should all slow down and pay more attention to that and learn a thing or two!

Purple is Makena's favorite color! Can you tell?



There it is again, the excitement and joy in Makena's eyes!











No comments: